Medical University of Vienna
PhD programme N094 at the Medical University of Vienna
Admission to PhD studies at the Medical University of Vienna is possible during the admission period and students are then enrolled in the next semester. Please fill in the application form and collect the following documents:
- High school leaving certificate
- degree certificates of completed studies (BSc, MSc, diploma studies)
- Applicants with a non-EEA citizenship submit an "eligibility certification" issued by a registrar´s office of a state-approved university in the country/state where the diploma/master has been issued indicating that the applicant fulfills the requirements for starting PhD studies in the country/state where the diploma/master has been issued. The "eligibility certification" needs a current date of issuing!
- Instead of the above-mentioned "eligibility certification" there may also be submitted a diploma supplement (stating the fulfillment of the compliance with the requirements for starting PhD studies) issued by the university which awarded the diploma.
- colour photo (passport size)
- photocopy of passport
Please contact the DK manager for the next steps.
Enrollment for semesters
By paying the student's union fee each semester (before 5th of February for the summer semester and 5th of September for the winter semester) you state that you continue your studies. Instructions about how to pay and current status can be found at MedCampus.
IMPORTANT NOTE: you must be registered for your graduation semester!
The SMICH curriculum is registered with the Medical University of Vienna and the University of Vienna. Therefore we ask all our students to register with both universities, so they can attend all courses and collect ECTS. MedUni students will be co-registered with the UniVie and will pay the MedUni students union fee only.
Co-registration has to be renewed for each term during the admission period!
In order to co-register you need to take the following steps:
- Register in U:SPACE and activate your u:account
- Send your current student record and your student ID until the end of the extended admission period (winter semester: November 30th; summer semester: April 30th) to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Activate your u:account
- Check if the co-registration has been entered at U:SPACE
- Print the admission record of the University of Vienna via U:SPACE or one of the Self Service Terminals (SB-Terminals).
IMPORTANT NOTE: You only pay the students union fee once at your home-university!